Sunday, January 26, 2014

What If I Died?

I always thought about what I would want to say to people if I knew I was going to die. And I also wondered how people would feel when I died. I wondered if they would feel like they didn't get to spend enough time with me, or that the last thing they said to me wasn't good enough.

So this is what I did:

I got an app on my laptop which is more of a journal, and I told my sister about it. On this app I have a journal called "To Everyone". Inside are letters written to everyone that I love or have ever cared about, and if I ever die it's my sister's job to deliver them to everyone. I just want them all to know how I really felt about them, and I don't want them to have any horrible thoughts about our last words or last moments together.

It's a rough thing to think about, but it's definitely made me feel better knowing that I'd leave behind something for everyone to hold onto for comfort. Writing the letters really brings up a lot of emotions and feelings, and it can definitely drag in some emotions from the past, but it's worth every second knowing that these people will all know what I really thought.

I truly recommend for everyone to do this, in case one day a tragic accident happens, and there was nothing else that you left behind for them. It's a great thing to do, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment