Friday, February 14, 2014

Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld

I just recently read the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld and I'm not 100% sure how I felt about it. The story line was great and I thought the idea for the books was extremely interesting, but at the same time not totally catchy.

I read through the first two books like it was my job, but when I get to the third, and by the time I made it to the fourth, I just wanted to be done with the series and move on.

I'd have to say that it really was a good series, and I have already recommended it to others, but having read a lot of books it was too predictable for me. I could guess almost everything that was going to happen and for me personally, it didn't have that element of surprise.

I do know other people who have loved the series and read it more than once, so if you were looking into it, or you want to, I would definitely tell you to give it a chance!

The series is about a girl named Tally Youngblood, and all the transformations that she ends up having to go through. Everyone is born "ugly", and at sixteen they get an operation that turns them into a pretty, a "bubblehead". The cities are very restricted, there's lots of parties, and they use hoverboards and hovercars for transportation. From what I got out of it, it's supposed to be the future, after our time. But I could be wrong!

I would definitely give this series a chance if you haven't read it yet, because you may like it!

Rating: 6/10.

Click here to view the image
Click here to purchase the series

No comments:

Post a Comment