Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Into The Wild

I read this book, hoping for the amazing story of Christopher McCandless to be explained. The story was, but honestly I thought it was very difficult and confusing to follow the story.

Christopher McCandless was a young man who loved to travel, and he decided to head out on an Alaskan adventure into the bush to live off the land by himself. The story is truly inspiring. Unfortunately, this book was not what I was expecting.

The story in itself is incredible, and although some people may think that Jon Krakauer portrayed it almost perfectly, I do not believe so. I think he jumped around too much which made the desire to read this book fall away. I would have liked the story better if it were more straight to the point, without all the confusing, extra details. I did not believe that they were necessary for this book. Others, however, may enjoy them.

For me, I would rate this book a 4/10.

Click here to view the image
Click here to purchase Into The Wild

No comments:

Post a Comment